29 Apr 2013

Meet the Scrawny one!



The "scrawny" one is another lurker for my Strange Aeons games. It is inspired by a demon of the same name in Anthony Boucher's short story The scrawny one. If you're interested, you can have a read here.

In SA, when a human model (so, a crazed cultist) commits a suicide on one of the three pentagrams, a demon is spawned. Its special rule is, that it can swallow a model as a whole, which means a model suffers an instant death (compared to injury if removed from play any other way). If it gets lucky and eats your main character, your campaign is finished!

Inspired by Uncle Mike's Worldwide scrawny ones. I love the one swallowing poor treshold agent!

I've used my Mantic zombies again, this time a crawler. I've turned torso 180° from how it was "supposed" to be and built the demon around it. I had no idea how I would want to make it look, let alone paint it. I kept in mind that it was supposed to be scrawny, but it would enlarge...like a snake. I went with some tentacles, preventing victim the escape...it is not eldritch until it has tentacles! And many eyes, everyone likes eyes! I went with pinky green colors to make it stand out from my mostly grey and "skin" colored monsters.





Thanks for looking,
Mathyoo

17 comments:

  1. I think that has to be your creepiest and best yet mate. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was certainly planned! And thanks, working on more, but very slowly :P

      Delete
    2. VERY cool. Love how cinematic you can get with figs for SA. Well done sir!

      Delete
    3. Hey, thanks! I'd say it is all in the setting - everything is made up and literature is all based on peoples imagination

      Delete
  2. I agree, very creepy! Mice work again mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you. I can assure you no mice were working on this, or any other, sculpt I've posted! :D

      Delete
  3. That is quite disgusting, Mathyoo, but I mean that in a good way and not as a criticism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an outer dimensional demon, Bryan. Disgusting and disturbing is what we're after! :P

      I do think tentacles are what makes it "horrible" instead of cartoony, though :D

      Delete
  4. It's a good conversion Mathyoo and quite revolting, good choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The colors do attract the eye, in sea of dull earthy colors, I believe

      Delete
  5. Certainly a strange looking chap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Mathyoo. Suitably creepy and you get the idea that you don't want to get too close.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a very cool sculpt. And with an excellent paintjob. Perfect nightmare image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, feel free to check "Lurkers" tag for more of the same!

      Delete