13 Dec 2013

Mechanic revisited!

Hey guys,

after I've shown you the photos of my so called WWW2 mechanic, I've decided it needs improvement. I've thus slightly converted a miniature, I've sculpted gloves and the side cap.






I have also finally got around to watch the infamous World War Z after reading Vampifan's review. I was in no hurry with it as I kept hearing negative reviews, but my younger brother said the movie was great. Now, I am no film critic and I apparently got an odd taste as I don't really like the Walking dead series (I do watch them and I have to say it is getting better :P) and I have even quit watching Game of Thrones, which everyone loves so much. Now, I've watched it very open minded and I've came to following conclusions:

Film is good as any other they make these days. I suppose it's a lot like Prometheus or Avatar...a great idea that went wrong. Or something. There is one thing I loved, all those zombie hordes shots, just amazing. Really nice. And the rest was shit. Climbing walls of Jerusalem included. The whole film has no story at all, mr. Pitt just flies all over the world and everything is happening so fast nothing actually happens. They mention Cardiff, so that's a plus, I suppose. I have no idea what was the point with that israeli soldier gal. I've noticed the lack of blood Vampifan mentioned...that was really odd, it was all so clean. And by the way, gawd fast zombies make no sense. I loved 28 days later, but fast zombies are still not really my thing. Also, an ending is just...ah...
Anyways, I'd still say it's not THAT horrible if you watch it as a film about some infected someones (that can only be put down by a head shot) - zombies are fiction anyways (sorry Bryan!), so they are entitled to their own version..no matter how inconsistent they made them. I mean...there are tons of zombies climbing walls of Jerusalem, but the roofed road leading to the city is zombie free. But oh well...I was putting together my zombie vixens while watching, so I might have missed an important detail or two. I rate it better than that zombie movie with a tiger in it!

And that's it for today,

thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. The side cap and gloves make sense and look good.

    About WWZ your view is as valid as anyone's. To me the whole thing seems a wasted opportunity. A couple of good ideas but mostly no focus, I think the world hoping was just to give the director a few holidays, as there was no reason at all it could not have been set in a single country. As I have said on Bryans blog for me the film was "Meh!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the model fits in the whole WWW theme, too!

      Yeah, it's has way too many different things that aren't too bad (except the ending, oh god!) by themselves, but came out horrible in the end. It's like mixing bacon and...wait...no, bacon goes with everything! :D

      Delete
  2. I've still to watch the film, but I'll take it as I find it. Whilst the book is good it actually has a much "story" to it as the film appears to have, more a collection of random anecdotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it would make a great series, with every event being an actual even and not a 5 seconds joke :P

      Delete
  3. The gal looks good. Like what you did to her. Still not seen WWZ yet can't muster up any enthusiasm to watch it. Saying that I still haven't watched the last to episodes of The Walking Dead series 4 yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I suggest you just go and watch it, hah! And TWD was actually quite fine. There's a thing with 50 years old "active service" tank that annoyed me, but I have to say I enjoy the series more and more.

      Delete
  4. I like that figure, tons of character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the improvements you've made to the female mechanic, Mathyoo.

    A fair review of the World War Z movie, although you weren't as critical as I was... which is fine. Yes, the zombie film with the zombie tiger was utter pants but I still preferred it to World War Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Hah, well, I think that for a non zombie fan, it's kinda watchable. If I could chew fast zombies, that ending...oh my :D

      Delete
  6. Yes, the gloves and cap are good additions :-) ! I dare say that I'll watch WWZ some time, but probably in a year or two when it's broadcast for free on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate! I am pretty sure you can wait that long with that one! :D

      Delete