23 Sept 2015

Underfire Miniatures: 28mm East Germans team 2

Hello guys,

I am quite pleased that I have finally finished another team of East Germans from Underfire miniatures.
The photo is bad as usual, so some of them seem larger than the others, but they are actually pretty much of the same size.

From left to right there is a NCO (as you could guess!), a gung ho PK gunner (my favorite!), and two riflemen, one armed with a LAW.
 There is not much to add, apart from the pain that painting the camo gives me, they are quite pleasant, I really like the poses on those. There are 3 different helmet covers variations between the 8 figures, which is very welcoming.

In other news, my "work placement" ends by the end of the month and I will have more time to devote to hobby again - hopefully I will do so as well.

I have a long list of things I want to do, from playing a game (!); making more terrain which is why I have trouble starting to play; sculpting as I haven't held a putty in my hands for 4 months or so - which is when I bought a new stripe of GS that I haven't yet used!

I am still gathering courage to work on my technicals some more, which would also be welcome.

Well, this is it for now, I hope I'll post again soon enough!

Thanks for reading,
Mathyoo





15 comments:

  1. Lovely work, the extra effort on the camouflage was definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The camo shows up well in the enlarged picture and is quite subtle - nicely done.
    Looking forward to some more posts from you, as it seems you'll soon have a bit more time on your hands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe - I am quite satisfied with it (except the lines should be the same length and size etc etc). I drybrush over it lightly to help blend it it, so the pattern doesn't "scream" at you.

      Delete
  3. Cool to see your still active. I have been packing lots of my stuff up for a move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, it's going way too slow, but I am moving somewhere :).
      Congrats on the new place, an improvement, I hope!

      Delete
  4. They look great mate. Totally suitable for ant insurgent games or for more front line battles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I plan on using them as the "local regime army", on either side. But I wouldn't mind playing a Cold war game in future perhaps.

      Delete
  5. Looking good Mathyoo! Nice to know your still around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still holding for the straws Bob, I think what I need is a great idea for a project and stick to it. Buying new things helps, too :D

      Delete
  6. Nice work mate. They look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They have come out really great mate- top work.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete